We are seeking current students to join our team as an intern for the summer. This role is based in New York. Please send inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About this role
Primary Purpose: Support the analysis of small businesses interested in access to capital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Provide support to our sales and risk teams who are engaged in the following activities:
1. Speaking with small businesses that have indicated an interest in a loan from Credibility Capital. Understanding credit in general and Credibility Capital’s credit products in particular.
2. Managing small businesses in contact with Credibility Capital through Salesforce.com client relationship management system.
3. ngagin in discussions with the small business and undertan research related to the business and its industry to understand the business.
4. Evaluating the small business, recognizing when it is appropriate to seek higher counsel/authority.
5. Chronicling the analysis of the small business, and discussing the underwriting and credit issues with the Risk Team so they can determine whether to offer a loan to the applicant small business.
6. Collecting from the small business applicant the required documentation for underwriting.
7. Engaging in fraud analysis in conjunction with the Chief Credit Officer.
Who we're looking for
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. A basic understanding of major technical aspects of small business underwriting, loan structure and deposits, and an understanding of credit and finance is a plus
2. Excellent verbal and written communication skills
3. Proven self-starter with problem-solving abilitie
4. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
5. Very organized and efficient with demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up
6. Demonstrated ability to utilize basic computer applications, such as Google software products
About Credibility Capital
Credibility Capital, is a technology-enabled small business lender focused on prime credit small business borrowers. In today's banking environment, obtaining financing can be difficult for a majority of these businesses, even for those with good credit histories and strong balance sheets. Our platform matches businesses with institutional investors to fund loans ranging from $10,000 to $250,000. Our investors include banks, hedge funds, family offices and insurance companies with an appetite for current income that are making substantial allocations to this emerging asset class. Borrowers are sourced directly by our partners such as Dun & Bradstreet.